Saturday 27 February 2010

Topsy turvy land

Hello readers. I'm Otto and I'm stepping in to write this blog post today while Sybarite is busy.

To be frank, we had a big, big order of cat food and cat litter delivered by a man this morning π and she's still trying to find where to put it all. Fortunately, she also remembered to get some cheese – I'd have been really annoyed if she'd forgotten that.

And since that delivery, she's gone a bit silly and unpredictable after her football team won when she didn't expect it. It's not likely to happen in my kittenhood, but I hate to think what she'd be like if City actually ever win one of those silver cups that their fans get so excited about.

When Loki and I first moved in, it was a bit of a shock to realise just what a state she gets into when they're playing on the big box in the corner of the living room. If they score a goal, she gets a bit hysterical – but I suppose that's women for you.

My brother Loki is well – I think you've heard about him before – at present he's running around after his tail, which he thinks is a new discovery every day.

Apart from that, Sybarite is introducing us to Gilbert and Sullivan. Last weekend, when The Other Half was away watching his sporting heroes, she showed us My Fair Lady, and insisted on holding me while she danced around the room to I Could Have Danced All Night. The week before, it was The Mikado – which made her sing a bit, but fortunately didn't give her any chance to try to make me dance with her.

Not that I mind too much – I've got her pretty well trained already in being a very good cat servant. So I suppose a few foilbles are acceptable.

Tonight we're watching the Mike Leigh film, Topsy Turvy, which seems to mean much the same music as The Mikado. To be honest, I'm more interested in a big pen stick thing I've just found under the sofa, but I'll try to look interested, just to keep her in a good mood.

And at the end of the day, someone is chucking big bangy things around outside, so I'll take this option any day.

I hope you all have a good time and look after your cats (and even your dogs) properly.

1 comment:

  1. Otto, you little dickens, you. You type better than I do. :)

    ReplyDelete